Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Plan

This Blog is intended to help me in a few ways.

First it is a method of tracking my progress, which I've been recently reminded of, helps in morale.

Secondly, by making this Blog public I'm hoping to hear from designers, developers and anyone who has ever faced the challenge I set before myself. Hopefully after a while this blog may even help others with their own conversion to code-artists.

Why am I doing this? Well I've worked as a graphic designer for the past ten years. Print and Web design has evolved and I'm falling behind. For my professional career as well as my own feeling of accomplishment I'm going to learn this elusive art.

Why not learn Actionscript? PHP? IPhone Development?

The short answer is: I've considered it and finally decided to go with what seems to be the general consensus around the net. The foundation of the web is HTML, CSS and XHTML. Flash may be more fun right now, but it feels too separate from the idea of open-source to take a chance.

As for the more advanced languages, I hope to get there someday but right now HTML is too much a part of my field to skip it because some folks are finding success in the App market.

[Energy Level: 100%] [Intimidation Level: 10/10]

No comments:

Post a Comment