Thursday, July 29, 2010

Intermediate to Advanced

I should mention that I have been following along with a online tutorial at HTML Dog. They do a pretty good job of clearly explaining their tutorials for both HTML and CSS.

I'm finding the advanced tutorial a little daunting because they expect you to refer to the intro for setting up your files rather than recap how to setup your html to link to the css file. Also they cover a lot of tags which I'm just skimming at this point, knowing i'll just need a code bible on hand for the 'right' moments to use specific tags.

I'm still working from a public computer so I'm not easily able to upload my working files to show what I've been up to. I'm supposed to get my laptop back Friday, so I'll add links to these old posts soon.

It was interesting to be told not to use tables for layout. I'd forgot about that change in technique since the advent of css. It will be nice to build my own sites from scratch and not have to rely on someone else to "make it work".

[Intimidation: 8/10]

No comments:

Post a Comment