Thursday, August 12, 2010

Books + Internet = Success!

I've been using Steven M. Schafer's CSS Bible combined with the occasional google search for tags as I need them and finding a pretty good rhythm.

I've started building a website for my wife which will utilize most of the basic tags I've learned so far and some more advanced ones I'll need to learn about.

It's been pretty fun so far building the page without having to look up every single tag. I'm starting to remember more and also understand the syntax that is html and css. Basically I'm seeing patterns which help me guess at how new tags might work without having to look them up. Pretty cool.

Page layout is making more sense and leading to more control over type and elements which is a nice change from building tables in Dreamweaver and trying to use spacer gifs to control the layout (which due to browser compatibility issues, never quite worked).

[Intimidation Level: 7/10]  [Excitement: 10/10]

No comments:

Post a Comment