Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Things to Remember

So I'm rereading the explanation on when to use Selectors. From what I understand there are Class, ID and Type selectors.

To help me remember what I'm learning I'm adding my notes about each here:

Text: These default selectors are apparently important to search engines and browsers that ignore style sheets. They seem very limited in their offering but what do I know.

Class: This is the good stuff. It's where I can make up a term that controls style for a section of my website (As opposed to using the default selectors like H1, H2 and p). Right now I'm working on making these work the way I expect. Sometimes they seem to be 'turned off'. Most likely because I'm missing a key character like a '{' or comma.

ID: Can only be used once. Not sure of a good reason to use these except if you need to shove a bit of code into a page and be sure it has higher priority. But why wouldn't I just remove the conflicting code?

No comments:

Post a Comment